Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Nutnfancy Project (TNP)

I've stumbled across this fella who goes by "Nutnfancy" and has a long-running series of videos on YouTube.

I found his stuff while doing research for a .22 "tactical" rifle.

Gotta say, I like a lot of his reviews.  He doesn't seem afraid of saying "this thing right here sucks!"  In particular, his candid disavowal of the FNP-45 and the FNX series of pistols due to magazine design caught me as thorough and honest.

In particular, I like his methodology of weapons testing.  Take the thing out and run-n-gun it!  See if you can make it malfunction.  Don't just jerk around with Caldwell bench rests, shooting for sub MOA groups.  Tell me about the ergonomic fumbles and foibles as you're engaging a mix of steel and paper targets.  Put 50-100 rounds through it in a minute or two and warm it up properly.

And, those of you who read my blog who already have your firearms situation squared away, you might like his ideas on techniques and gear to carry magazines, and holsters, and slings... as well as knife reviews, outdoors gear reviews and just philosophy videos.

Check him out on YouTube:  http://youtube.com/user/nutnfancy.

No comments: